Protect The Patient
- Encourages dialogue between patient and provider.
- Reconciles patient’s reported medication use with medications and substances present in the urine.
- Identify undisclosed medication or drug use that could cause potential drug-drug adverse reactions.
- Implementing a urine drug monitoring protocol can help increase patient adherence to their prescription regimen.
- Monitor ongoing prescriptions as signs and symptoms differ
Protect The Physician
- Provides objective report of medication or illicit substances present in the urine for use in clinical decision making.
- Understand what drugs are in your patient’s system before prescribing.
- Implementing a drug monitoring program into your clinic protocol helps eliminate the diversion of controlled substances that you are prescribing.
- Educates patients on drug-drug interactions as they are seen on a report.
- Decrease liability by reinforcing compliance and confirming noncompliance with your patients.
- Physicians can be held liable for patients misusing or abusing their prescription drugs
Protect The Public
- Compliance monitoring helps mitigate risk of medications being diverted from patient to hands of the public.
- Be able to provide adequate care to your patients so they do not seek drugs elsewhere.
- Eliminate drug seekers and “doctor shopping” from your practice.
- Ensure that everyone in the care continuum is protected in today’s ever increasing litigious medical market place