Urine Drug Screening is not only for pain management.
- Over 20% of all emergency department visits involving alcohol or other drugs were related to benzodiazepines.
- Over 17 % of opioid-related deaths in the United States involve benzodiazepines.
- Urine Drug Screening will identify potential drug interactions such as those between opioids and benzodiazepines that could be fatal.
- According to the Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) Report, in the years between 2005 and 2010 emergency room visits concerning ADHD stimulant medications rose from 13,379 to 31,244.
- According to a report published by MIT, diverted stimulant medications are almost as popular among college aged young adults as marijuana.
- Urine Drug Screening will identify potential drug interactions for any psychiatric medication trial including illicit drugs, as well as other prescriptions that could interfere with the prescribed medication.
Anti-Addiction Medication Compliance (Suboxone®, Vivitrol®)
- Ensure compliance of prescription anti-addiction medications 2 Identify non-compliance and combat diversion or abuse of prescription anti-addiction medication 3 Identify continued use of illicit or non-prescribed drugs 4 Have access to quantitative results to disqualify “shaving” or other tampering techniques of a drug test